例：How much is the shirt?
A. £19.15 B. £9.18 C. £9.15
1. What does the woman think of the movie?
A. It's amusing. B. It's exciting. C. It's disappointing.
2. How will Susan spend most of her time in France?
A. Traveling around B. Studying at a school. C. Looking after aunt.
3. What are the speakers talking about?
A. Going out. B. Ordering drinks. C. Preparing for a party.
4. Where are the speakers?
A. In a classroom B. In a library C. In a bookstore
5. What is the man going to do?
A. Go on the Internet. B. Make a phone call. C. Take a train trip.
6. What is the woman looking for?
A. An information office. B. A police station. C. A shoe repair shop.
7. What is the Town Guide according to the man?
A. A brochure B. A newspaper C. A map.
8. What does the man say about the restaurant?
A. It's the biggest one around.
B. It offers many tasty dishes.
C. It's famous for its seafood.
9. What will the woman probably order?
A. Fried fish B. Roast chicken. C. Beef steak
10. Where will Mr.White be at 11 o'clock?
A. At the office. B. At the airport C. At the restaurant.
11. What will Mr.White probably do at one in the afternoon?
A. Receive a guest. B. Have a meeting. C. Read a report.
12. When will Miss Wilson see Mr.Whie?
A. At lunch time. B. Late in the afternoon. C. The next norning.
13. Why is Bill going to Germany?
A. To work on a project. B. To study German. C. To start a new company.
14. What did the woman dislike about Germany?
A. The weather. B. The food. C. The schools.
15. What does bill hope to do about his family?
A. Bring them to Germany. B. Leave them in England. C. Visit them in a few months.
16. What is the probable relationship between the speakers?
A. Fellow-travelers. B. Colleagues. C. Classmates.
17. When did it rain last time in Juárez?
A. Three days ago B. A month ago C. A year ago.
18. What season is it now in Juárez?
A. Spring B. Summer C. Autumn.
19. What are the elderly advised to do?
A. Take a walk in the afternoon.
B. Keep their homes cool.
C. Drink plenty of water.
20. What is the speaker doing?
A. Hosting a radio program.
B. Conducting a seminar.
C. Forecasting the weather.
Benjamin West,the father of American painting, showed his talent for art when he was only six
On a bright, warm July afternoon, Mac Hollan, a primary school teacher, was cycling from his home to Alaska with his friends. One of his friends had stopped to make a bicycle repair, but they had encouraged Mac to carry on, and they would catch up with him soon. As Mac pedaled ( 骑行)
along alone, he thought fondly of his wife and two young daughters at home. He hoped to show them this beautiful place someday.
Then Mac heard quick and loud breathing behind him. “Man, that's a big dog!" he thought. But when he looked to the side, he saw instantly that it wasn’t a dog at all,but a wolf:, quickly catching up with him.
Mac’s heart jumped. He found out his can of hear spray. With one hand on the bars, he fired the spray at the wolf. A bright red cloud enveloped the animal, and to Mac's relief, it fell back, shaking its head. But a minute later, it was by his side again. Then it attacked the back of Mac's
bike, tearing open his tent hag. He fired at the wolf a second time, and again, it fell back only to quickly restart the chase（追赶）。
Mac was pedaling hard now. He waved and yelled at passing cars but was careful not to show down. He was a steep uphill climb before him. He knew that once he hit the hill, he’d be easy caught up and the wolf’s teeth would be tearing into his flesh.
At this moment, Paul and Beeky were driving their car on their way to Alaska. They didn’t think much of it when they saw two cyclists repairing their bike on the side of the road. A bit later, they spotted what they, too, assumed was a dog running alongside a man on a bike. As they got closer, they realized that the dog was a wolf. Mac heard a large vehicle behind him. He pulled in front of it as the wolf was catching up fast, just a dozen yards away now.